Thursday, November 6, 2008

number "28"




If you were to ask me my favorite sport I would have to reply, "The sport of the season, whatever sport my child was playing!" This has been a great fall Bentley played city of Salem Soccer, Lexus played Boys and Girls Club Volleyball (pictures to follow) and Lincoln played freshman football for Sprague High School. Lincoln had a great season!! Although the record may not reflect that, it was a great growing and learning year for the boys and I (we) LOVED watching him play. I think the highlight of the year was at a away game against South and although we lost Lincoln made a interception and ran the ball for 15 yards. Yea Team!! So what brought on the reflecting tonight you might ask? Well, we just came home from the season end football awards meeting, it was so fun watching the coach, the parents and the boys!! Many awards were handed out and our Lincoln received 3 all of which made us so proud! The first award was the Silver academic, going to those boys who for the first six weeks of school had between a 3.5 and a 3.99. The second award was given to a total of 9 young men it was called the Hard Rock Award. It recognized the players who during the whole season didn't miss one practice, the coach said these are the kind of men he would hire for a job. And the third award Lincoln received was a special award from the coach, "A Coach Award". It was given to five outstanding young men who stood out for their extra efforts and hard work. Lincoln thanks for a great season and thank you for being such a great son, I love you Mom


1 comment:

Derek said...

Yeah Lincoln!!!

Mom, his character was a local celeb!! It's at the bottom :) Thanks for all the comments. That make me feel so good! :) You're a huge reason I put them up!!